PMF can display multiple tables in a tabbed view. Usually, the
first 2000 rows are displayed (this is configurable).
You can directly edit the cells, and clicking 'Save' will update the
The cells have a context-menu for quickly filtering (e.g. SELECT * FROM
table WHERE colName1 = colData1 AND colName2 = colData2 ....) data.
The context-menu also lets you edit XML data and display LOB (Large
It's also possible to copy and paste rows across databases (provided
source and target table have the same columns, of course).
- set bookmarks: Store often used or complicated SQL-statements in
the bookmark submenu for easy access.
- create and drop indexes
- copy and paste rows across databases
- view, edit, export and import XML data
- drag & drop LOB and XML data into cells
- view, export and import LOB (large object) files
- do Reorg, Runstats and Rebind (DB2 only)
- add and remove columns in a table
- generate a DDL (Data Definition Language) file for a table
- export and import data in IXF, DEL and WSF format, including LOBs
(LargeObjects), also export data to a plain text file
- gather snapshot data (DB2 only)
- drop tables
- view table space and table size information (DB2 only)
- find identical rows (believe me, it happens)
- query the whole database to find columns or data (for example,
find all tables which contain the string '123ABC' in any column)
- Settings (open tables etc) will be restored upon restarting
PMF is intended as a lightweight and intuitive tool for developers
and admins. If you have suggestions for improvements, let me know.